Monday, January 16, 2012

Color: Purple

My mom taught me to play backgammon as a kid and I've always loved it.  So when I saw this I was over the moon.  Something about this purple suede really draws me in.  I think it would be fun to design a whole room around this.    
via henribendel.com

I've never considered purple for my home before, but it can be really beautiful.  I mean purple really goes with a lot of different colors.  I'm thinking plum and gray, lilac and olive, or even purple and tangerine.  Could you imagine purple in your bedroom?

via decorpad.com

via decorpad.com

via hometodecor.com


Or maybe a closet?

via decorpad.com

    Maybe a pop of color in the dining room or kitchen?

via decorpad.com

via designdecoridea.com

Or in the living room?

via decorpad.com

via decorpad.com

via kunzdesign.com

via manuelcanovas.com

These fabrics could be really beautiful in a room.

via calicocorners.com

via manuelcanovas.com


via osborneandlittle.com

via osborneandlittle.com

 I love these wallpapers.  The first one reminds me of those ladies from the Red Hat Society.

via osborneandlittle.com

via zoffany.com
via osborneandlittle.com

Purple is definitely not for everyone but I think it's a really beautiful color.  What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Ummmm, I don't know...I'm not really a purple person. I think I'd like it in a bedroom or bath for a little while, but I'd soon be itching to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to hate the color purple, but lately I've been drawn to it. It helps that you put up some great pics. They're all lovely, Tiff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I generally like purple in other people's houses, but don't feel at all like using it in my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like my daughter keeps telling me...."it's Justin Bieber's favorite color"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost went with purple in our dining room but I changed my mind at the last minute. Hope I don't regret it because I think it can look really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree. I think we're in the minority though;)

    ReplyDelete