Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bathroom Progress

The first floor bathroom is finally starting to take shape.  I can almost see a toilet in the horizon. Yipee!


They had to do some work on the floor to get it ready for heat and tile.


You may be able to see where I started stripping the paint off of the trim.  Then we decided to just redo the trim, though I'll still have to strip the insides of the window.  I seem to be famous for wasting time and energy on things.  Stripping wood is a blast...not.  I'll have to write a post on that someday for anyone who is as crazy as I am to take on a whole house full of 100+ yr old windows.



 We painted the bathroom Benjamin Moore Gray Cashmere which has a slight greenish tinge to it. It blends really well with the accent in the marble tile we got.  


Here's the shower coming along.  The tile should be done by next week.  Hopefully.  I really wanted to do board and batten on the walls but we're putting in a console sink and it's not something we can frame so I think it would make the sink stick out from the wall with a space behind it which wouldn't look right.  Hello run-on sentence.  Anyway, I think we're going to do beadboard instead.  Who knows though.  I could change my mind tomorrow.  I'm feeling very indecisive lately. Must be the 10 million decisions that I have to make that are confusing me;)

4 comments:

  1. I just love where all of this is going. Color, selection....can we be friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for them to finish. Next week seems like a lifetime away.

    ReplyDelete