Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Color My World Challenge- Conclusions And Link Party

Well the challenge is over.  I didn't finish my laundry room, but I got a hell of a start.  I'd like to thank Jessamie and Suzy for putting this together.  Without this push the room would probably still be a shell of a room.

So, now to recap what I did.  I decided to do my new laundry room in black and white...and I love it!  Here's how it started.





And here it is now (so far).



We painted the walls in black and white horizontal stripes and put in black porcelain tile.  My husband made a table (franken-table) for the farm sink to sit on which I think turned out really nicely.  Originally I was thinking about doing a sink skirt, but the sink actually looks too nice now to cover it.  Props to the hubs.

He also made this drying rack.  


I made a laundry rules sign that I put over the window (which still hasn't been painted!).  The pendant is new.  I'm a bit disappointed with it though or with how it was shipped I should say.  I bought it over a year ago at One King's Lane and it didn't come with the crystal bit that hangs down.  It also doesn't look quite like the picture when I bought it.  Unfortunately I found this out a year too late.  Oh well, I still like it though.



So now we just need our washing machine/dryer to be delivered, a window treatment ( I decided on the toile with a green grosgrain ribbon trim), countertop, upper cabinets etc.  A nice list remains but I'm loving my black and white laundry room.  

Now it's time to link up.  If you've incorporated a new color into one of your rooms link up your pictures...I'd love to see them! You can link up to any of the challenger's blog posts and they will appear on all of our blogs.  We'll be picking and posting about our faves next week!

 And, don't forget to check out everyone's recap on how they used/liked their new colors.

Ange - The Blooming Hydrangea
Anna - A Newfound Treasure
Carmel - Our 5th House
Cassie - Primitive and Proper
Jadyn - Dutch.British.Love
Jessamie - Bird and Branch Redesign
Julia - Black Tag Diaries
Julia - Pawley's Island Posh
Kristy - Hyphen Interiors
Lisa - Shine Your Light
Lisa - Trapped in North Jersey
Maury - Life on Mars
Shaunna - Perfectly Imperfect
Shelley - Crazy Wonderful
Suzy - Saved by Suzy
Tiffany - Living Savvy
Vashti & Jamie - Like me Some...




14 comments:

  1. Oh, that laundry room is going to rock - it's already great! I adore that sink. I love our new house, but the one thing the old one had that this one does not is a sink in the laundry room. I miss it tremendously! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia PawleysislandposhMay 1, 2012 at 5:23 AM

    I seriously love the stripes. I really need to find a place in my home to do those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks great!! Especially love the tiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessamie VincentMay 1, 2012 at 6:11 AM

    I love it! I think your room turned out great and still can't get over those black stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so good!!! I love how modern the stripes are and contrasted with the farm house sink (which I completely agree doesn't need a skirt). Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelley WestermanMay 1, 2012 at 6:33 AM

    It's going to look so awesome, can't wait to see the new curtains! And I totally love the pendant :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa @ Shine Your LightMay 1, 2012 at 9:06 AM

    Tiffany, that sink is beautiful!! Nice job to your hubby! I wouldn't skirt it either - it's too pretty. Love the flooring too....you did such a great job with black!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura at Top This Top ThatMay 1, 2012 at 9:21 AM

    Hey Tiffany- your laundry room is looking pretty good in it's early stages. New follower as I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. charmaine religiosoMay 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM

    I love your laundry room! And the sink is gorgeous! You guys did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly @ Eclectically VintageMay 1, 2012 at 1:29 PM

    I am in love with that farm sink!! It's pure perfection - the hubs did a great job on the table. Love the stripes! Nothing like a classic black and white bathroom - love it!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job, Tiffany. It is looking so crisp and clean...like laundry should.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! those stripes are awesome! it looks so fabulous- love that sink against the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe how much work you got done! It all looks amazing - love the stripes and the sink!

    ReplyDelete