Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's A Girl!!!-Sharing A Bedroom

I haven't told many people but now that I'm a bit further along I can let you in on a little secret.  I'm 17 weeks pregnant.  This might help explain why projects are so sporadic around here.  I was so nauseous in the first trimester that it was so difficult to get anything done.  I just had an amniocentesis (I'll be 40 when the baby is born...am I crazy?) last week and already got the preliminary results back...no major chromosomal defects and found out that we're having another girl.  We're both thrilled on both counts.  I'm glad it worked out this way since I wanted the kids to share a bedroom.  It will be much easier to decorate for two girls as opposed to a girl and a boy.  So now the preparations for the room begin.

Plaster repairs are finished, but now I'm stuck on what I want to do in the room.  At first we'll put the baby in our sitting room (if it ever gets finished).  I bought twin beds at a consignment store a while back that I plan on painting.  I love the idea of picture moldings, but then I also like the idea of a wallpapered accent wall or a curtain headboard.  Here's some of my favorite inspiration pictures.


Source: google.com via Tiffany on Pinterest





I'm still deciding on fabrics. I showed you this one which I love. It's either going in the playroom or the bedroom, but I'm definitely using it.


I also really like this Suzani and it has coordinating fabrics.  Best of all it's cheap cheap cheap!


So, more decisions.  Eek!

12 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! Congratulations! Now we can make sweet little girl baby clothes! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's so amazing!!! How old is your first daughter? I love the suzani. It's feminine but isn't your typical pink. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiff, I have those mirrors in the lead picture. They're from Pottery Barn Kids, and mine are still in the packaging, never used or opened. (Don't ask.) If you want them, they're yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessamie VincentMay 2, 2012 at 6:53 AM

    CONGRATS! That's such great news! And decorating the should be even more fun now! I was extremely sick until about 18 weeks with our little girl, not fun. As much as baby fever is sneaking up on me, I don't think I'm quite ready to face all that again...yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news! CONGRATS!! How fun to do a room for two girls. I shared with my sister growing up and loved it! Love all your inspiration pics too- especially the fabric you already chose! Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome :-) Congrats! I can't wait to see the nursery decorating begin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelley WestermanMay 2, 2012 at 12:48 PM

    Yay! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see the room :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! Girls are the best in my opinion :) Your inspiration pictures are all so pretty and girly...can't wait to see how the room turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay congratulations!!!!
    Gorgeous inspiration pics - I love the blue wallpaper in the first one - never would have thought of making a girl's room blue but it just works and looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting Tiffany! Congratulations!
    I adore that pink/green fabric. Perfect for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!! Just see, you will love having 2 girls, yet seeing how different they can be. Our girls don't share a room, but every Friday night they pick whose room they will sleep in together...too sweet. Decorating their room will be a labor of love. Tell hubby congrats too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. MyCraftyHomeLifeMay 7, 2012 at 4:49 AM

    Tiffany, that is the most exciting news ever! This will be a fun project to focus on. So many women have babies at that age, and later...you will fit right in!

    ReplyDelete