Monday, February 6, 2012

The New Light

As promised, here's a picture of our new family room light.  


My husband also put up the medallion which this room was lacking.


And, here's the fireplace mantle in place.  We bought the mantle off of Craigslist.  It was taken from a house that was built in 1893, the same year as our house.  The mantle (and the trim) still need a couple coats of paint, but it's definitely coming along.


And here's the room. You  get a glimpse of the paint color.  It looks so pale in pictures.  It is very soft in the room so we're going to have to punch up the color with the rest of the decor. I was a little unsure about the light (and still am a little) since it's so modern.  It's growing on me though and it gives out a lot of light which I love.  I'm blind as a bat and need as much light as possible.  My husband, on the other hand, must have emanated from a cave because he hates too much light.  I see a dimmer in our future.  

6 comments:

  1. I love the new light! And the ceiling medallion. We had number of those in our last house and I miss them because they really finish off the look. We're going to have to scrape some popcorn ceiling off to install some in this house, but it's worth it.
    Also....LOVE your hardwood and the way it's installed with a border that runs around the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, it is beautiful. I love the fixture and the mantle. Are you doing all the rooms at the same time? I can't tell what color the paint is, but I also like light and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a statement maker, and the medallion is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Janet! Good luck with the popcorn ceiling. I bet that's a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Linda! We're working on the kitchen, family room, powder room and first floor bath right now. But the whole house is torn apart. That's why this is all taking so long.
    The color is the same Wickham Gray that's in the kitchen. It is very pale but pretty in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much! I can't wait till the room comes together. Then I'll really be able to tell if I love the light or not...though I can't return it so I'd better love it.

    ReplyDelete