Friday, February 10, 2012

I Got A Liebster Award!!!!



So, imagine my surprise when I got an email from Janet of  House Four saying that she was nominating me for a Liebster award.  My first thought, thank you so much Janet!  My second thought, what the heck is a liebster?  Apparantly it's an award to recognize the J.V. bloggers like myself with 200 (or 16) or less followers.  I was beyond thrilled.  Unfortunately I couldn't be too excited since I was also suffering from some type of stomach virus.  Feeling much better now and am ready to press on with my duties as a Liebster recipient ( I like a bit of drama).

So, there are five rules that need to be followed by those accepting this award:
  1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs to award the Liebster to. These five blogs must have fewer than 200 followers.
  2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
  4. Share 5 random facts about yourself
Let's do random facts shall we?

1.  I'm obsessed with peoples' heights, specifically celebrities.  After I've watched a movie or tv program I will immediately go to  IMDB and find out how tall they are.  Why you ask?  I have no idea.  It's just one of my many bizzare "things".

2.  I was a naval officer for 3 years.  Three horrible years.  I was glad to serve my country but it just was not a good fit for my personality.  I think the Navy actually threw a party when I got out. 

3.  I love horror movies, especially the supernatural ghost/demon ones.  Whenever a new one comes out my husband and I try to see it (when we can get a babysitter).

4.  I have a lot of pet peeves, but my biggest one is littering.  I lived in Philly for a few years which is the capital of said offense.  I once saw someone throw trash on the ground when a trash can was literally 2 feet away.  I don't know why this bothers me so much.  Oh wait, yes I do.  Because it's TRASH.  Throw it in a trash can for the love of God!

5.  I have a bizarre recollection of my dreams which are always completely random.  I'll give you an example.  This may be oversharing and if you're easily offended (or Jules who has already been tortured with my dream playback) then look away.  I dreamed recently that I became a hermaphrodite.  Don't ask.  I have no clue why.  So as I was getting used to my new "equipment" I had the forsight to test something that I had always wondered about.  You know how men are always going on about how much it hurts to get hit in the "balls"? So I thought I'd test it out.  It didn't hurt a bit.  Men!

Hope I didn't offend anyone too much with my ramblings.  I can be a bit 39 going on 13 at times.

Before I pass on the award I should explain a bit.  I've had this blog since last March but it's only been in the past couple of months or so that I've really started to get into it.  I'm still expanding my blog roll and looking forward to adding more.  I will find you, and I will stalk you!  I don't follow a lot of blogs (yet) with under 200 followers so I'll try my best.  And, without further introduction...

2. The designer from Allumer Decor (sorry, I don't know her name).
3. Michaela from Five Kinds of Happy
4. Annie from Bossy Color Blog
5. Danylle from Nana Moon Shop

Please do stop by these ladies' blogs.  I know I've really enjoyed reading them.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Loved your list...very well written and funny! Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog list! You are on mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better Tiffany :)
    Love #4. I have a lot of pet peeves too and that one is high on my list. Especially people who throw things out of their cars. Is it offending you that much to have that empty coffee cup in the car til you get to your destination? Geez. Makes me nuts.
    Also...the dream thing made me laugh out loud. I remember all of mine in vivid detail too. My husband has no patience for it though - his eyes start to glaze over as soon as I say, "I had the craziest dream last night..." I think you're right about getting kicked in the balls too, btw. I don't buy it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Emily. I was actually going to give you a Liebster award but Linda beat me to it. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your award, and loved your list. Heading to check the other blogs!! Happy Friday ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I love strange facts. I don't love horror films. I did when I was a teen, but now that I am a mom....they scare me. Go figure. How tall are you? This might have something to do with #1? Glad you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still chuckle every time I remember that dream.

    ReplyDelete