Friday, February 17, 2012

The Kitchen Backsplash

I forgot to show pictures of the backsplash that was recently done.



We ended up going with a matte white subway tile.  Simple, clean, timeless.  



I love the herringbone niche.  Is it an original idea?  No.  Do I love it?  Yes, and quite frankly that's all that matters.  Still waiting for the pot filler to be installed.


And here's a close-up of the detail.  It's not extravagant but I think it adds a little something to the look.


One of the kitchen lights finally made its way up.  This is over the sink (and I think a bit crooked...will have to remedy that).  

So, no crazy progress, but steady wins the race.  I finally got the stencil and am going to try to muster up the energy to tackle it.  I don't know why I'm dreading it so much.  Oh, right, because it's work and all I feel like doing is sitting on my lazy arse.  

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Love your subway tile. I also have a white matte subway and think it's timeless. What a great look for your niche...great pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the herringbone, but your right. What matters most is that YOU love it! Check out my blog shortly, I've tagged you in a little bloggy game. I hope you'll play along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the classic subway tile!! We did the exact same thing in our kitchen including the herringbone above the stove...all in a tumbled marble subway tile. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS! I never get tired of white subway tiles. Can't wait to see the stencil ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tumbled marble must look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie @ Maddie's NestFebruary 21, 2012 at 5:08 AM

    You cannot go wrong with subway tile and herringbone....looks great if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete