Wednesday, April 13, 2016

One Room Challenge-Sunporch and Master Bath-Week 2


Well it's week 2 and I feel like I'm off to a good start.  Remember I mentioned I would be doing a DIY bench project?  Well it's finito.  I bought the bench below from a thrift store about a million years ago and have just been waiting to spruce it up.  (Ignore my hideously messy craft room.  It's a well used space.)


It was pretty ugly.  Someone covered the seat with a flimsy purple fabric that wasn't meant for upholstery.  This was the easiest fix ever though.  It involved a can of spray paint, a staple gun and some fabric that I've been holding onto for a while now.  And voila!



I think it's a pretty huge improvement and it fits perfectly in this little space.  I planned on doing the touch up painting over the weekend, but it was too cloudy to see well so it will have to wait until next weekend.

I also ordered this from Ballard Designs for the bathroom.  Not sure about the color but we'll see when it arrives.


Lastly, I ordered the roman shade which will be in the same Hot House Flowers fabric as the bench.

As for the sunporch, the fabric for the curtains is in, just waiting for the hardware which may take a couple of weeks.



And I bought some lamps.  Here's one of them.


It wasn't what I was thinking, but I liked the color and texture of it.  Anyway, we'll see how it looks with everything.

Sunporch:  -Get coffee table, end tables, chairs (ordered)
                  - Finish styling bookcase and style tables
                  - Put up natural shades (ordered)
                  -Make curtains and decorative pillows
                  -Faux fur rug (got it)
                  -Lamps
                  -Pray that the reality mirrors my vision

Masterbath:  -Get roman shade for window
                     -Make faux roman for small window
                     -DIY bench project
                     -Find/style etagere
                     -Hang closet door and get mirror made
                     -Touch up paint
                     -TIDY UP BATHROOM.

That's it for this week.  I should be getting some shipments in soon (I hope).  Anyway, check out all the other challenger's and guest participant's week 2 progress and enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. Your bench makeover is wonderful! I love the fabric you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! What a dramatic difference the new fabric on the bench makes. It was also a perfect pairing! love the bench with the hothouse fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the bench turned out! I keep telling myself I'm going to reupholster mine someday... :) Looking great! Kristin @ Postbox Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy bench transforamation! Loove it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the bench makeover is amazing--such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bench transformation is AMAZING! Love the fabric. Such a perfect fit in your bathroom. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That bench turned out amazing! I'm excited to see your progress next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm holy crap. Huge difference. Wasn't sure how the bench would turn out, but it looks perfect against the marble floor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Imma need that bench for my master bedroom--it turned out SO well! Wow! I have been eyeing the Silvia Etagere from Ballard for what seems like years--can't wait to see how you like the the narrow version. And I love the fabric for the sunporch curtains! Speaking of the sunporch, I read the first item on your sunporch to do list as "get coffee" lol...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiffany I adore the direction that your room is headed towards! You did SO much better than I did in my room this week.

    I would love for you to share this post at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. I think our readers would really enjoy it!

    Good luck in the upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bench looks so much better... and that space you are transforming is beyond incredible. Those windows are just amazing. Really fun space to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing. Everything you do is amazing. I'm amazed. So excited to follow you with these rooms! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete