Friday, March 2, 2012

You Could Eat Off Of My Newly Refinished Floors

Yes, they're that clean and shiny and awesome.  Let me have this moment for just a sec.  This has been (and continues to be) the longest and most difficult project we've ever taken on, so the little things like clean floors makes me want to cry from sheer joy.  Our floor guys did an AMAZING job of trying to match the original wood and inlay in the other rooms.




This last picture is of the kitchen.  This is the space where we're going to work in a farm table/bench.  Yes, it's still on the to-do list.  What can I say?   We haven't gotten much (or any) of the diy stuff done.  

While I'm at it, here are some pictures of the kitchen.  It still needs some tweaks, but this is the best and cleanest that it's been since, well, ever really.





My husband started putting the island light up but for some reason there's no power to it so it's kind of half way installed.  

So, you know what this means?  Dun, dun, dun....I have to go back to finish the stencil.  I can't promise that I'll get to it this weekend.  The powder room is so small I almost get claustrophobic trying to work in there with my ladder and paint.  Anyone want to come and finish it for me?  No, I didn't think so.  It's all me.

13 comments:

  1. Wow. Gorgeous floors!
    Your house is going to be just stunning when it's finished Tiffany.
    I have two stencils under our bed (so they stay flat) waiting for me to get up the nerve to try them out. You're not helping! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ramblingrenovatorsMarch 2, 2012 at 6:25 AM

    Your kitchen looks so gorgeous!! I think I would lie on that new floor and stare up at that kitchen all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your floors. I would say I have floor envy. Now I think mine need a fresh coat of shine...oh yeah, and no dog to scratch them. That kitchen, I bet your coffee will taste better there. Come on, suck it up, and just finish the stencil. We have all been there and felt that pain.....it is worth it. I would come and help if you lived closer, and served wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your floors. They look fabulous with the finishes in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have cabinets for DAYS! I think I could fit all my possessions in the cabinets in your kitchen. I'm with Janet--your home is going to be absolutely breathtaking when you're done.

    Chop-chop. I might be visiting you this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiffany- I am in love with all your cabinets! I have the same profile in my kitchen and white too...such a classic- just not so many! Jealous! Just love, love, the space! Great job! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy gorgeousness.
    I would totally come help you stencil if it meant I could get an in-person tour of your house. Although you might not be able to get me to leave...
    I have lots of questions for you if you don't mind answering: What material are your countertops? Are the kitchen floors brand new and refinished to match the old floors in the rest of the house? If so, did you have the older floors refinished also? We're going to be in a similar boat of matching old floors to new in a few years, so any tips you could give would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe not after the latest news-Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much. I think the floors warm up the room a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry Janet. It's really not that bad. Ok, it is, but you can do it! It will be easier in a bigger space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I need to finish it. My husband is bugging me about it almost daily since the sink and toilet are sitting in the dining room waiting to get installed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much! We love it too. We'll love it even more though when it's finished and we're using it full time:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg, its looking like its nearly finished! Fabulous! Seriously, its looking lovely.

    That weird crap with the broom, on the other hand, is freaky.

    ReplyDelete