Monday, June 6, 2016

Newly Painted Bedroom Walls

This weekend was spent inhaling paint fumes.  Seriously, painting is like childbirth.  You forget how awful it is and then the next thing you know you find yourself up on a ladder again, sweating and wondering why you didn't hire this out?  It was especially awful when I saw this on the side of the fireplace.





First of all, why design a wall with such an acute angle?  Secondly and most importantly bubbling plaster equals roof flashing issues....doh!  So this little corner isn't getting done until we get a roofer out and then a plasterer.  Nothing goes smoothly in this house.  Nothing!

Another little matter yet to deal with is the fireplace.


It's looking so shabby with paint splattered all over it.  I swear that was not me!  It was like that when we moved in.  Really?  Never heard of a drop cloth?  So that's going to be a project in the near future.

I was able to paint the rest of the walls, move the furniture out and move the new nightstands and cozy shag rug in.  Woohoo, progress!  I've decided (for now) to just wallpaper the sitting room.



I know what you're thinking.  It's looking a little blah.  True for now.  It is looking more bright and fresh though which is a step in the right direction.

Of course this leaves the little matter of me sleeping on a mattress (that was already killing my back) on the floor.  Motivation my friends.  It's high time I find myself a headboard, don't you think?  I've got to make a decision this week before my back gives out.  Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. Loving your nightstands and rug and the paint adds a freshness to the space - can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks sharp not blah! great job, I use to paint for a living so I know its a labor of love for sure! xo K

    ReplyDelete