Thursday, October 2, 2014

The One Room Challenge-Week One



Well Linda's One Room Challenge is here again.  I'm joining in as a participant, but I'm doing the "light" version this time around.  No crazy reno like the last one.  I just don't have the time and I'm planning a huge Halloween costume party at my house so it's going to get crazy around here. This time around I'm doing my foyer.  I'm cheating a bit since we already got the wallpaper in but the room isn't "finished" so that's my excuse.  I'll show you what the foyer looked like originally and a few months ago and what we've been able to accomplish.


Blurry picture of when we first looked at the house






During reno



Mid-painting



And now with the wallpaper.  I'm purposely not showing the whole foyer.  Yes, I'm a tease but you'll get over it.

Anyhoo, I just recently found a little bench on Craigslist that needs a little work.  So you can see that I got a big jumpstart on the challenge.  But there's still a lot to do and some of it will be out of my hands.  Here's the list.

-Stain bench
-Fabric selection for cushion and pillows
-Window treatments for windows going up the stairs
-Area rug
-Console table and styling
-Mirrors and/or artwork

So here's my vision...but don't hold me to it.

Lamp via Horchow, Console and mirrors via One Kings Lane, Fabric Schumacher, Fabric efabricdecor.com, Tape via tasseloutlets.com


As for design, since the walls are very traditional chinoiserie I'm probably going to give everything else a more modern twist.  The first floor colors are going to be greens and blues, and I'm leaning toward greens for the foyer.  I'm also throwing some animal print in there for good measure.  One thing that is not going to happen in time is a stairway rug.  Eventually I want to have a continuous rug all the way up to the third floor.  Unfortunately the third floor staircase has yet to be addressed so it's going to have to wait. That's all I've got so far.  Stop by next week to see my progress, and don't forget to check out all the other ORC challengers and linking participants.

30 comments:

  1. you killed it last time so i can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this entry is stunning already!! cant wait to see what else you add and do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning foyer!! Seriously great bones - already looks great with that fantastic wallpaper. Cannot wait to see what you have in store this time! Woop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love all the existing architectural details. What a treasure. It will look fabulous! Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think you officially have the prettiest foyer I've ever seen...seriously...those walls and staircase are the things dreams are made of. I'm already chomping at the bit to see the full reveal and all that glorious wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore your house. We used to renovate and sell historic homes and I miss the character and architectural details. I love the wallpaper you've chosen and I have a pair of those exact gold mirrors myself that I'm hoarding for my master bath makeover. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. every space you touch is magicial and i can't imagine this space any different. good luck. cant wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wallpaper looks so great!!! What a great beginning. Can't wait to see how the room turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great space to work with! The wallpaper, the wainscoting, everything is simply beautiful. I can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, I love the woodwork in your foyer! You are one luck lady. You could leave the room blank and that staircase would leave me swooning. I recommend following your room board plans though. The bench and gold accents are perfect :) Good luck over the next 5 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! i love your foyer! Those floors, the moulding! I'm loving the wallpaper, and can't wait to see how the room comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I have seen that full shot of the door showing the wallpaper so well but OMG, it is gorgeous. I can't wait to see how this comes together and well done on picking a less stressful spot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow, I love your home! You killed it last time with that bedroom and as far as I'm concerned you could post the same pic in 5 weeks and it would be gorgeous b/c that wallpaper is killer!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! I love love love your foyer! That wallpaper is so fantastic! I can't wait to see what you do with this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tiffany, I always love your style and with that amazing foyer you have to work with this will be a knock out, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely foyer this is going to be. The wallpaper is amazing! I cannot wait to see your progress and how it all unfolds.

    I too am participating in the One Room Challenge. My challenges? I just moved to a completely new state (Texas) last week and therefore have no idea where to source things other than Wal Mart and Home Depot. :) I am currently battling strep throat and just want to lay around and eat soup as opposed to painting a 30 year old polyurethaned oak coffered ceiling that has never before seen paint. The accompanying powder room rivals the worst gas station stall ever. But a bonus is that the previous owners installed a wine glass and bottle holder on the ceiling of the bathroom. I kid you not. Come take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That foyer is unbelieveable!! LOVE the wallpaper and I'm already sold-- I don't think I need to see anymore:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tiffany, I've been waiting one whole year to see what you would do with this ORC. This promises to be amazing! That wallpaper............
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tiffany

    I have chosen my foyer for my ORC as well. I wish mine was as grande as yours ... I have two antique chairs that are meant for a foyer like that! My foyer is small but I am going with a big punch of style to give it the wow factor. The antique chairs? They will remain in my dining room until I have a house with a big enough foyer :) Looking forward to watching your progress.

    Best,

    Eliane
    www.OMGlifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Tiffany, you know how much I love seeing your home. You have done such an amazing job renovating it and keeping the original character. This foyer is already so pretty. Can't wait to see what you have to add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so good! Can't wait to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  22. whoa, the wallpaper is fabulous--I love the plan! I'm so glad you are participating, I love it when you post. I have plans to participate, but I would not describe myself as prompt or timely right now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, I'd love to have such a grand foyer. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. All the woodwork in your foyer is AMAZING! I love the golds & greens you are adding - it's going to be a killer space.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh.my.goodness...that wallpaper is amazing! I want that wallpaper for my foyer! I can't wait to follow your progress every week!
    Shelia @ House of Highlands

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's already looking gorgeous!! Can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You know I tell you this every time, but I am CRAZY for your home. I for real applauded when I saw your wallpaper up. You win already!

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE the wallpaper. It's going to look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great foyer, Tiffany! Can't wait to follow along with your transformation. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely space! Looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete