Monday, September 29, 2014

Still Trying To Repair The Sunroom

My poor husband is still at it.  Good news is that the sun porch hasn't fallen over. I kept expecting the walls to just fall flat like you see in the movies. So we've got that going for us.  He's been able to put up some new supports for the walls, do the wiring and add insulation.









I bought something recently that came with a ton of styrofoam so he's using that as the bulk with some spray insulation to fill in the gaps.  Yay, recycling!  He also fit in a new sill.  Next week the new knee wall will get drywall and then it's on to baseboard.  Of course there's still the prep/painting to do.  Wah-wah.  Progress is progress though.  I'll posting on thursday also for the start of The One Room Challenge.   Anyone else doing it?  I can't wait!


5 comments:

  1. That is great progress! Honestly, I love seeing progress in real time as opposed to the time warp that is tv. Makes me think long and hard about what I really want to do as opposed to 'oh, it won't take long' thinking affecting my decision making. I applaud your bravery for taking on another one room challenge. I am too scared I would throw my hands up in the air around week two. It is fun to follow along though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you aren't the only talent in the family! So happy you will be having slightly more regular postings thanks to the ORC! Can't wait to see your work!!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use that styrofoam. Looking forward to the ORC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's coming along now - yay! Can't wait to see it as it progresses!! We are excited about the ORC and are happy you are doing it too ~

    ReplyDelete