Thursday, April 24, 2014

One Room Challenge Week Four




Welcome back.  It's week four (four?  Holy Hell!) of the One Room Challenge.  So last week was huge progress.  This week, not so much.  Between my husband's birthday, work, and Easter practically nothing got done.  Practically....

This...



is now this.


Paint goes a long way doesn't it?  We've had this fireplace for years and I was going to get rid of it, but it's found a permanent home.

And this...


now looks like this.


Just a peek here.  I'm trying not to give it all away before the big reveal.  Trying being the operative word.   I'm going to custom make the welt cord in the same fabric but haven't had the time to do it.  It's looking sooo good though.

And this Craigslist find is getting a makeover, but it's not done yet.


I also managed to sew a few pillow covers and finish the other roller shade.  I guess I got some things done but it pales in comparison to last week.  Wallpaper and carpet are tough to beat!  I'm still shopping for lamps and I think I'm going to get a sheepskin rug for the foot of the bed.  I'd like to get a bench but I'm having a tough time deciding on one.  Ugh.  Decisions.   So not my strong suit.  And lastly, I'm probably going to be making my own art.  Why not?  Not like I have ten million other things that I need to be doing, right?  Oh and I have an out of town conference that I'm going to next weekend, so this is my last weekend to work on the room.  I'm officially freaking out.  I'm sure I'm not alone though, right? Anyway, make sure to check out everyone else who is participating in this crazy adventure#what was I thinking?!



24 comments:

  1. yes...you are amazing and I just can't wait to see the room finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #whatwasithinking is in full progress 'round these parts too. But Tiffany! You did get so much accomplished! The headboard black & fabric combo…..love. And of course the fireplace in black….love. You've come a long way baby! Can't wait for next week's episode!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany, I'm dying over here!! That fabric and all your black painted pieces - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that fabric! Can't wait to see what exactly it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always say paint goes a long way!!! I am loving how the headboard is looking.....all of that black with the blue is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! I'm so intrigued! I can't wait to see all this come together! I'm loving all the black details!

    XO,
    Krista
    www.goodwillglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH that headboard!!!!! it's all my current favorites rolled into one. i can't wait to see this room. and come steal it. i mean, ogle it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In love with the headboard. Le Touches in blue is so gorgeous and I love the shape. So good - so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That headboard is so awesome! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking good! I'm officially at that freaking out stage in the ORC, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG. The fireplace looks absolutely amazing, as does that headboard. You tease! Can't wait to see. Good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You rock! The fireplace and headboard are out of this world! Can't wait to see more! Good luck this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fabric is gorgeous!! I'm in the same boat- kinda got nowhere this week, here's to next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such great things going on in this room -- the bed is killer. Good luck this week, and I can't wait to see it done. So close!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That headboard!!! LOVE!! Oh, I cannot wait to see the final results!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that headboard!!!! How divine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the fireplace makeover! Wowsy! I can't wait to see the big reveal!
    Shelia
    www.houseofhighlands.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That headboard looks amazing! I can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks amazing! Isn't this getting fun? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tiffany, this looks fantastic. I love the black paint, too. Happy Birthday to your husband. BTW, blue, black and white are my all time favorites.....at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That headboard is going to be amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That looks awesome. I love the transformation on the fireplace. Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That headboard is going to be insane. So excited!

    ReplyDelete