Sunday, February 9, 2014

Deciding On Colors And Fabric For The Craft Room

Thanks to everyone who commented about the stencil.  After reading your comments and taking some time to think about the road ahead, I decided to go for it and stencil the whole room.  It's not done but it's very close.  It's actually not as hard as I thought it would be and surprisingly it doesn't look as busy as I thought it might.  Plus, I have to remind myself that a lot of the walls will be covered with "things" i.e, shelving, art etc, so nothing to worry about.  Now that the stenciling is winding down I've got to start thinking about what the next step is...painting the desk.  I could pick any color and I think it would go with the yellow walls.  I'm leaning toward either hot pink (like my inspiration picture) or some shade of aqua though.

From Tobi Fairley
 I'll probably pull the color from the fabric I'm almost positive that I'm using in the room.


It's called Portobello Vase in the blossom colorway.  I think it will make pretty accent pillows and maybe curtain panels if I'm feeling ambitious.  So that's all that's going down at the domicile.  I should have the stencil done this week and hopefully the desk painted by the weekend.  And then the floors are getting refinished.  I'm super excited for the ugly brown painted wood to go away.  I'm fine with painted floors, but painting wood floors brown?  Not a fan.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that fabric, Tiffany!! It's gorgeous and I love your idea of the painted desk, I'd be torn between those colors. This is going to be fabulous, hang in there with your stencil!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is one of my all time favorites - I used it in my girls' room. And rock on for doing the whole room in the stencil. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for the hot pink desk!!! That stencil is looking AMAZING! So going to do that in my next house (ie. permanent house).

    ReplyDelete
  4. that fabric is gorgeous! i am an aqua girl, but i see you more as a hot pink girl... trust your gut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh love painted desks. On the show "Up all night" Reagan has this turquoise painted parsons desk. I used that desk as the inspiration for my huge desk. After 2 years I still LOVE IT!! I love Pink but for me personally I don't know how I would feel after a year. But my motto in decorating my home and other peoples is go with what YOU love. Here is a link to the actual desk. Have fun!!!! http://www.roomservicestore.com/product/OFFI014/South-Beach-Desk-in-Turquoise/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go wrong with that fabric. Your girls are lucky. I love your decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fabric! I can't wait to see the whole room stenciled :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bold colors you are going with in here Tiffany. So fun and happpppppy!!!!!!! Good heavens no one is ever going to be able to be in a bad mood in that house between the pink bathroom upstairs and your office/craft room of awesomeness! Love it.

    ReplyDelete