Sunday, July 31, 2011

Progress At Last

Well, we've got a foundation and footing for the new kitchen and porch.  Hooray!  In the next 10 days or so we'll have the floor joists and framing done and it will actually start to look like a room.   The HVAC work should start tomorrow.  They say it will take 2 weeks.  Yet again I'm reminded of "The Money Pit".  Then continuation of the plumbing and new electrical which will also take about 2 weeks.  I'm sensing a theme here.  

We weren't able to sell our house which is a HUGE bummer, but we've rented it to a couple with a son my daughter's age.   They're moving in September 15...gulp.   Hope the house is livable by then!  Still not able to cover the mortgage, but it will be a lot better than paying two whole mortgages.  

I also started working on my clawfoot tub project and let me just say that it has been a giant pain in the arse.  I may have bit off a bit more than I can chew but I've come this far and I'm not about to turn back now.  Seriously, I've spent hours in a house with no air conditioning or power in over 100 degree weather. This thing is getting done!  

Anyway, here's some pics of our latest progress.  Let's hope it continues.






1 comment:

  1. glad you found a contractor to get some work done! Looks like its coming along.

    ReplyDelete