Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A New Contractor, Hives, And A Birthday- How I Spent My Week

Well in the last week we said see-ya to our old contractor and hired a new, more experienced (and more expensive) contractor.    You know that saying about you get what you pay for?  Yes, it's true.  We're currently in the permit phase which is a time suck.  Every little step of the kitchen addition now has to be inspected.  There's progress but it's soooo sloooow.  I won't bore you with pictures of the trench that was just dug.  

Another highlight of the week was my daughter getting a raging case of hives.  I woke up last Thursday and noticed a couple of pinkish spots on my daughter's cheeks.  It didn't really phase me because she has really sensitive skin and always seems to have some sort of a blemish on her skin.  A couple of hours later her school called me to come pick her up.  From then on it only got worse.  I finally took her to the doctor's office to have them look at it since they're recommendation of Benadryl was not working.  I started looking up hives on the internet only to be scared sh!tless that this might actually last for weeks.  WTF!  Luckily by Monday everything had cleared up and my sanity was restored.  We still don't know what caused it, but she's going for allergy testing to hopefully find out.  

And the cherry on top, I turned 39.  Thirty frickin nine.  I never really fully comprehended my 30th birthday. I'm discovering new wrinkles every day which is awesome.  And, my uterus is shriveling as I'm writing this.  So my birthday is yet another reminder that I've got to make a decision about whether or not to take the plunge and give my little girl a baby brother or sister.  

So obviously last week was a blast.  On a happier note, I did see the last Harry Potter in IMAX 3-D which was magical...pun intended :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! My birthday last week has triggered a midlife "what the hell am I going to do with my professional life" crisis. I am done with having kiddos, though, no doubt about that. I need sleep sometime this decade. ;-) For a while I was on a crazy "we need a fourth!" kick, but that has passed.

    I loved HP up until the last half hour...call me a purist but I preferred the denouement as written with the crowd scene. And the snake chasing Ron and Hermione all over was superfluous. (Yes, I am on my 8th time reading the series. It has made me a bit picky.)

    ReplyDelete