Monday, November 18, 2019

The Carriage House Project: The Living Room


This is the moodboard for the living room/kitchen:
Bookcase via Ballard Designs, Almazan Buffet via Wayfair, Rivy West Chandelier from Home Depot,
Lederer Rug via All Modern, Deliah Coffee Table via Grandin Road, Donington Stool via Wayfair, Tobacco Road Acacia Floors from Lumber Liquidators



And this is how it turned out.




We got the couch second hand.  Someone was moving and had only had it for a very short period of time.  It was the exact one that we were looking at at a local store but for much less...score! The flush door is a storage area.  It's kind of a mini office for a printer, papers and anything else we need to hide out of sight. And a glimpse of a keyboard. Both of my kids play the piano.  We had a baby grand (not sure if that made it out alive) but we were very fortunate that their piano teacher had a keyboard to lend to us.




I love the beams and the ceiling.  It's probably my favorite part, honestly.  The exposed lighting wasn't what I wanted originally but I actually really like the feel of it in the room. We actually get quite a lot of light in the room but the weather outside was a bit meh when I took these so I needed the extra light.

Next post I'll show the kitchen.  It really wasn't ready for its closeup if you're picking up what I'm putting down. Until next time, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment