Sunday, July 13, 2014

Scratching My Head And Twiddling My thumbs

So getting the molding fixed is on a major hold which means so is wallpaper.  Major drag.  We've searched high and low for someone to fix the darn thing.  We may have to start looking in another city! Let's pretend for a second that things were moving forward.  This is the wallpaper that's going in.


And this piece of furniture that we bought on Craigslist is also going in this space.


It's currently in our dining room but is really not the right size for the space.  It has the same tones as the wallpaper so I think it will look really nice and has some storage too which is always a plus!

Now back to reality.  Since a big fat nothing is happening in the foyer, I decided the other day that I might shift my focus to the sunroom.  Ugh!




And I thought the foyer was bad.  Apparently the last person to paint this room had something against primer.  Since it's flaking off everywhere I can only imagine that they used latex over oil.  Fun times ahead...

6 comments:

  1. It will make a great before and after though? :) It always amazes me how good things look after a good sanding and fresh coat of paint. Can't wait to see that wallpaper up with that lovely Craigslist piece in front of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I lived closer so I could give you a hand. That way your glorious vision would come to fruition sooner!
    Can't believe you found that gorgeous sideboard on CL!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see what you are working on. The sunroom will be beautiful after you put your touch on it. Love the wallpaper you've chosen for the foyer and Craig list find…amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The foyer will look lovely with that paper and buffet!

    Every interior door in my house has that flaking paint---some dumbass put latex on over oil, and the scope of the job makes me think...eh....I'll just wait till I can afford to replace 13 doors. It will probably be a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All good things are worth the wait. Patience grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been lurking forever and love what you have done for your home: it is just beautiful! Just thought I'd mention that I recently saw PBS "This Old House" show a plaster repair to both a section of missing crown and a ceiling medallion that was missing about one fourth of its ornate design. Wonder if they can tip you off to an artisan in your area, or after seeing them build up the crown
    yourself, you may just get brave enough to try their method. PS: I'd love to have that sunroom, it is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete