Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Recapping 2013 And What's Up For The New Year

Happy New Year's Eve!  I don't know about you, but 2013 was a very weird year for me.  Lots of highs and lows.  Luckily it ended on a high.  In between all of that we got a few big projects done.  We finished the downstairs bathroom which I think is probably the most used by all of us.  When we first moved in it was the first functional bathroom and it's where I still wash the kids.  I don't know why we don't use their shower.  I guess we're just used to it.


I managed to finish the girls' hallway.


And then came the girls' room.  Still one of my favorite rooms in the house.



And lastly the guest bed and bath.  It's so strange to go to the third floor.  It's all construction, boxes and dust until you get to the guest bedroom.  Like an oasis in the middle of a desert.



Considering everything that was going on in our lives we were able to get quite a lot done in the house.  So what's next on the list?


I think we'd really like to start working on finishing the foyer.  The carpet has been removed and the stair treads have been refinished but I want to paint the risers white.  All the molding that you see is in awful shape and will need to be repaired and painted.  I'd really like to wallpaper the whole foyer and up the stairs.  That's going to be pricey though so it may have to wait.  We'll save some money though by doing all the repairs and painting ourselves.


We also need to address the formal living room.  This picture is from when we moved in.  It really doesn't look that bad in this picture but it needs some plaster repairs and paint.  I originally started stripping the wood and then realized what a pain in the butt it was and stopped midway.  Awesome.  So I need to somehow repair that because I refuse to strip anything anymore.

I never showed the kitchen.  I still need a couple of things before it's done, but you know how that goes.  One of these days I'll get around to finishing it and then I'll post pics.  And then there's the dining room.  I'm still working on chairs but I got some great ideas from all of you which is really helpful.  Realistically we'll be lucky to get these rooms done in the next year.  Time and money, you know?  It's not just paint and repair.  It's also buying furniture, window treatments, rugs etc.  It's neverending!

Do you have any big projects looming for 2014?

5 comments:

  1. wow- you have done some amazing entire rooms this year- the girls room is so pretty! looking forward to your home projects in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got so much done this year! And it all looks awesome! Your house has amazing bones, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next. Has the weird broom ghost in the attic returned?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your home is just fabulous...all that potential...some of it realized. I would have such fun in there!! I really enjoy seeing your progress and process! Happy New Year Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Tiffany! Hoping 2014 is a great year for you and your family. We will be moving this year (likely to an old house) so I'll be referencing your blog lots for inspiration. I just love what you've done so far. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe everything you got done this year - absolutely gorgeous. I so love the downstairs bathroom, but the girl's room...perfection!! Great job, Tiffany!!

    ReplyDelete