Monday, April 15, 2013

Ideas For The Guest Room

The third floor guest room is starting to take shape.  In the next few weeks it will be ready for the lipstick.  Here's my inspiration for the room.



The fabric is Llyta Canovas.  I found  it on Calico's website.  Side note, did they really drop the "Corners" from their name?  Seriously?  They're not fooling anyone.  Anyway I saw this and knew that it would be perfect for the room.  I think I'm going to pair it with this wallpaper (Schumacher Zimba in soft chartreuse), but only on one wall.



And then I picked up some cheapies at Home Goods and SteinMart.  I really do love these stores.  I can always find some little goodness there.





It's a good start, I think.  Hopefully it will look as good as it does in my head.  If only I knew how to make a moodboard. Seriously, I've made one on power point, but it never looks as good as the ones I see on other blogs.  Tips?  Anyone?

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love how this is coming together. The lamp and wallpaper work especially well together.

    For the mood board, have you tried Polyvore or Olioboard? I've seen some great mood boards on their sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great combination of pattern and texture. I do my moodboards with picasa. We're not so high tech around here.

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they dropped the "corners" from the name...whatever. You have the best taste in fabric, and this will be a lovely guest room. I don't know how to make mood boards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lamp and wallpaper are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany I love the color scheme you're going with - the fabric and wallpaper are gorgeous together.
    Like Linda I make my moodboards on Picasa with the collage feature. Easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love the fabrics you choose, Tiffany.
    I'd say this is a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is going to look fabulous. I love that fabric with the wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete