Friday, March 18, 2011

The beginning of the beginning








Well it's done.  We are now the proud owners of not one, but count them, two homes.   Crap!  The closing of our new home was a lot more stressful than it needed to be but that seems to be a theme with us.  We're still living in our "old" house while we try to get it sold and the "new" house habitable. 

Speaking of our "new" home, which is the point of this blog, I guess I ought to describe the hot mess.  Picture an 1893 dutch colonial.  Got it?  Ok, remember the movie "The Money Pit"?  Enough said.  I'm sure it holds a lot of fond memories for the previous homeowners, but the thing hasn't been truly appreciated since the 50's.  I have LOTS of pictures to prove my point.  Oh, and supposedly it's haunted.  I have to say that 99% of me thinks that this is a bunch of hoo-haa, but there is 1% of me buried deep down that is a wee bit concerned.  Normally I would rationalize little noises that I hear as the settling of an old home, or perhaps drafty old windows.  Instead I know I'm going to  unlock that 1% and promptly freak out every time I hear anything.  I don't believe in ghosts, but I sure the hell don't want to be proven wrong.

So our looooooong journey begins with fixing up our new baby.  I'm not known for my patience so this should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment