Tuesday, October 15, 2019

The Carriage House Project: Small Space Storage Furniture

While all the construction was going on I was busy planning for how we were going to function in small quarters.  Where were we going to put all of our stuff?  I mean not that we have a ton at this point but I know how we roll and I know things are going to accumulate over time. I tried to find pieces that had storage options.  I'm not about to look at crap hanging out everywhere in this tiny home.  I also started to think about what style I wanted. The main house really needs to be more traditional but I wanted the carriage house to be something different, something I wouldn't normally do.  I thought it would be fun to do a modern farmhouse look, especially since the garage kind of looks like a barn and it was a real carriage house back in the day. That kind of steered a few decisions like exposed wood beams in the new living/kitchen area and shiplap on the ceilings in the bedrooms.  I'll show pictures of that in the upcoming posts, but I digress.  God I have a hard time staying on topic! Anyway, furniture. I started looking for a buffet as a tv cabinet and after spending at least a gazillion hours pouring over what felt like thousands of options I finally settled on this.


Almazan Buffet Via Wayfair



I'm not sure if it's still on the website but I can't say enough good things about this.  It has a ton of storage and it's very sturdy.

Next I was on a mission to find a coffee table.  I looked at some midcentury options but in the end I went with this from Grandin Road.

Via Grandin Road

It's actually an outdoor metal coffee table.  Storage, check.  Indestructible, check. The storage is huge.  I can fit blankets and pillows in this thing.  It's amazeballs.  I looked online and it looks like it's no longer for sale.  Maybe because it's seasonal?  I highly recommend it if it comes back in stock.

Lastly I bought a bookcase.  I figured I could put some baskets on a couple of shelves to hide some of our inevitable crap.  And there would be room for a couple of knick-knacks and picture frames.  I settled on this from Ballard Designs.

Via Ballard Designs
And yet again, something else that is no longer on their site.  That's totally not helpful but it is what it is. Anyway this was the start of the great storage search. Finding the rest of the decor was a lot less stressful.  Farmhouse decor seems to be everywhere you look.  TTFN!




1 comment:

  1. That coffee table is CUTE! I bet you put your feet up on it and hide comfy blanks inside. tiffany, you are so creative and talented. we love you!

    ReplyDelete