Sunday, October 20, 2019

The Carriage House Project Phase 3: Insulation, Drywall and Floor


I never thought I'd be so excited about insulation but living in an old home that leaks like a sieve and costs a small fortune to heat and air condition was not something I wanted to repeat.  And look at it..it looks so neat and tidy, which appeals to my OCD.  I have to say, it's made all the difference, especially with sound dampening.  So important when 4 people are sharing such a small space.



Next came drywall and suddenly it was transformed.  It finally looked like something livable. 


My new bedroom.


The new kitchen island false wall


New front door and entry way stairs.



Here are pictures of the new floor in the kid's room. We went with an engineered wood from Lumber Liquidators.  We debated using an all wood floor but since we were on a timeline we didn't want to have to spend more time on the whole staining and sealing process. Plus, other than the time that we will live here, the floor isn't going to see that much foot traffic.

Also in these pictures is the start of the loft bed that spans the back wall.  So, two kids will share this room.  An 8x12 space.  What could possibly go wrong?  I'll keep you posted on that one.  Hopefully, in the span of two years, we all make it out alive....








6 comments:

  1. It is coming along great, Tiffany! Love your choice of floors and can't wait to see more! Happy Monday ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cannoli! I'm so sorry to hear about the house, but I'm so excited to see you blogging again! This sounds like quite an adventure. Its heartbreaking to think of all the stuff you lost, but also fun to think of the new possibilities of starting completely from scratch. I'm looking forward to seeing the journey. And I hope you all are doing ok in 550 sq feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, it's been a process but we're all good.

      Delete
  3. Holy wow, that is an amazing transformation. Can't wait to see the rest. You guys got skillz!

    ReplyDelete